A funny fact about my life: I live in potatoe-loving Denmark, but I prefer rice... mostly! Except baked potatoes maybe. Potato soup is also superior to rice soup... etc. Talk about taste! Food is probably one of the major issues in families that everyone needs to make compromises on. I guess we're fortunate there are so many meals in a week that nobody should feel being taken advantage of.
1 cup rice
1 can tomatoes
1/2 cup maize
1/2 cup peas
ground red pepper
1. Boil the rice and remove the water. Set aside.
2. Fry the chopped onion and diced leek in a little sunflower oil for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the chopped pepper, the maize and the peas and continue frying for a few minutes.
4. Add the can of tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking together with the spices, except for the ground red pepper (add it five minutes before you take the dish out of the stove).
5. Let the vegetables aside for five minutes and then add them to the rice, mixing them well together.
It could be served both as a vegetarian main course or as a side dish. Enjoy!