Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Crescent rolls with cheese
I thought I'd experiment a bit with my favorite dough (recipe) and make crescent rolls for a change. I used 150 ml milk and 100 ml buttermilk (kærnemælk) instead of 250 ml milk. I also increased the butter to 45 g., using the extra 15 g. for spreading between the rolled out dough layers. This time I estimated the dough at a little above 400 g.
1. Once the dough increases its volume twice, separate it in 8 parts.
2. Roll out each part and use butter to glue each two round layers/sheets.
3. Roll out again the so formed 4 circles and cut 8 triangles of each.
4. Fill in the triangles with cheese/ jam/ chocolate and roll them into buns.
5. Brush over each bun with a whisked egg white.
6. Bake on baking paper at 220 C until ready.
Although they were softer than the buns from the original dough, both I and my sister prefer the lighter version.
That being said, I'm planning to make croissants with cheese/ chocolate on Sunday. So, I'm hunting for recipes now. DO share, if any of you dear readers have a favorite croissant recipe! :)