Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rice noodles and eggplant soup



I've had two eggplants laying around half a week, so today it was their turn to go in the pot. First, I was thinking about baking them and making a salad, but the weather has been rather chilly and we needed something warm and cosy. I hadn't made cream soup before and I was very curious how that would turn out. Now that I have tasted it (divine combination of flavors, by the way), I realize that I like too much having something to chew besides the noodles. :) What kind of soups do you prefer?

Ingredients


rice noodles
1 onion
1 leek
2 red peppers
2 eggplants
1 can chopped tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
red pepper
curry
salt
olive oil
parsley
3.5 cups vegetable stock


Method


1. Peel and cut in medium sized pieces the eggplants. Leave them in salted water for 15 min. Boil them until soft. Strain and set them aside.
2. Dice the onion and the leek. Saute them for a couple of minutes. 
3. Throw in the chopped peppers and add the tomatoes. Cook for 5 min. and add the hot vegetable stock. Cook until the peppers are almost ready. Then add the eggplants and the spices. 
4. When ready, remove from the stove and let the soup rest for a bit. Blend until smooth.
5. Boil the rice noodles.


Serve the eggplant soup with rice noodles. 


I should figure out how to make it, so there are less bubbles after blending. Any ideas?


We thought the rice noodles are better on their own, while the soup goes greatly with some sprinkled feta cheese or freshly baked bread.


Velbekomme! (Bon appetit! in Danish)

4 comments: