2 cups flour
100 g. butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tb. sp. icy water
1 tb. sp. corn starch
1 tb. sp. oatmeal
1 tb. sp. sugar
1. Mix the butter and the sugar together until creamy.
2. Add the icy water and the egg yolks one by one, whisking them well together.
3. Finally add the flour and quickly form soft dough. Refrigerate for about 1 hour wrapped in plastic foil.
4. In the meantime, peel and cut in small cubes the apples. Mix them with the corn starch, oatmeal and sugar. (Alternatively, you can use nuts, which will absorb the moisture of the apples.)
5. Roll out a bottom and a top crust layer from the cooled dough.
6. Place the first in a tart form(s) and spread the apples on top of it. Then cover it with the top layer. Cut the crust with a fork on a couple of places, so the pie can breathe. Bake at 200 C until ready.
I'm gonna try a vegan version of this some time before the winter has passed. Pretty optimistic about it too. :)