Thursday, January 26, 2012

Light carrot and apple salad

When I'm back home in Bulgaria, I and my dad indulge in freshly home-made carrot and apple juice. Although both carrots and apples are juicier right after you pick them from the garden, we make fresh until Christmas. The flavor balance is just perfect!

Fortunately, carrots and apples in Denmark are relatively cheap, so I can keep up with the tradition.... with one tiny adjustment. Instead of juice, I make salad. It takes seconds to make and provides some more fiber than juice does. You can also add more ingredients to it for a satisfying lunch!



Ingredients


3 carrots
2 apples
1 red pepper
olives
fresh onion


1/2 t. sp. honey
1 t. sp. lemon juice
1 t. sp. olive oil


Method


1. Cut the vegetables and the fruit however you like them most. I shave the carrots (going easy on the teeth :D) and cut in small pieces the rest (although, it's healthier to keep the pieces as large as possible - less oxidizing) . 
2. Whisk the honey, the lemon juice and the olive oil and add to the salad.


I would also add a boiled egg to make it a more substantial lunch meal. Otherwise, I also have the apples and carrots with raisin and a cup of natural yoghurt. 


I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment